How do you pack for your trips? I like thinking of myself as of a reasonable packer. Until I saw a couple of my colleagues hacking the packing by bringing a small laptop bag for a 3-day team retreat and the other one taking a small backpack for the 3 day house build (mine was a 30 liter hiking backpack!).
With every next trip I’m learning more and more tips on how to travel light, how to pack best and what to take and what to leave at home.
Just a couple more things, in case you’re still unsure why we’re even talking about traveling light and packing all into a carry-on:
- It’s fast – you go straight to the registration, no lines to check in your bag.
- It reduces travel stress – you have just one bag to be mindful of.
- Also, you eliminate the risk of an airline losing you bag.
- And so many airlines charge you ridiculous money for the checked luggage, it’s obvious we have to start learning to travel light.
Here’s some cool resources packed with advice:
- Wikitravel (also has a couple of handy checklists)
- One Bag. Self explanatory – it’s a whole website of tips and rules of packing. One bag only :-)
- Here’s one just for girls – the ultimate female travel packing list
- And here’s a whole series of videos about packing
- Pinterest is another great tool for travel inspiration and came across some very good tips on how to pack efficiently. Like this one from the Adventure Chic:
How do you travel? Do you check in any luggage? Share in the comments below, I’m curious to hear your experiences.