2014 was a great year. I didn’t plan it too well, but the year turned out very fun! Here’s what was going on, both on the blog and in life.
Wrapping up 2014, life happened
- I started running and ran a half marathon
- Helped build a house for the local family in the village
- Overcame the driving anxiety and went to Advanced driving classes
- DIY foods – a project Anton and I started – was doing really well
- Working at Mindvalley was fun – I changed positions and now am a Product Owner for a few tech platforms
- Anton and I have also moved to a new place and got a newer car this year
- Trips in 2014: Cambodia, Thailand, lots of trips around Malaysia (Cameron Highlands, Penang, Tioman, Perhentian Islands), Istanbul.
2014 on Tiny Black Bird
This has been the best year so far for the blog, if you consider what I did in 2009-2013 blogging. That to me, to be very honest with you, was more of a random writing with no intention and feeling guilty about not writing the rest of the time.
Now the blog has a purpose: inspire to travel, share travel stories and tips. I have also re-designed it completely – now there are categories on the homepage and the whole look is much cleaner and has a ‘feel’ to it.
At least I hope it does.
Here are some massive changes and highlights for TBB in 2014:
Girls Living In… interview series – discovering cities around the world through their experiences (and their eyes! All pictures are taken by them, so it’s even more exciting).
How-to’s were a big thing this year, especially the story of my mom and sister when their money and passports were stolen in Paris. Here are some of the most popular how-to’s:
This year was marked with very personal experiences. They made me learn and grow and brought deep realisations and very grounding feeling of happiness. Here are the most profound ones:
And, of course, the travel posts:
I am so grateful for 2014 – now looking back, flipping memories like a photo album, it does look like an exciting year! Filled with vivid pictures of trips, new experiences, lots of love, caring friends and fulfilling work.
Plans for 2015
This time I used the new method for the New year’s resolutions. Very serious about it. This year just proved that anything you can possibly dream of is possible, because when you have a dream, you’re also getting all the power to achieve it.
Cheesy quote moment, sorry.
So here’s what I’m thinking of doing in 2015:
- run that marathon and a few shorter races
- hike the Everest Base camp
- learn how to dance bachata
- continue experimenting with food, Bulletproof coffee and diet and learn more on how our bodies function
- write, write, write, oh, I have so much to share here!
- read at least 30 books (you can follow my progress here)
- go diving (3 times is the plan – Sipadan, Thailand and somewhere else in Malaysia)
- Visit: Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Koh Tao), Singapore, Croatia, Ukraine, Nepal and maybe US and HK, who knows?
And of course, 2014 wouldn’t have been so amazing without so many dear people I happened to share it with. Thank you so much for being in it!
(Disclaimer: the people on the pictures are but not limited to dear friends I wanted to thank, if you are a dear friend, and you know who you are, and are not in this festive collage, it simply means I don’t have our picture. The fact that I don’t take pictures of/with people is a sad fact, I promise to improve in this field in 2015)
Thank you! Have a blast in 2015 and may it be filled with joy, smiles, friends and family, exciting events and growth!
Lots of love,